Online Service Tax Registration Procedure
It is mandatory for every Service Provider to apply for Service Tax Registration if the Value of services rendered in a financial year is more than Rs. 9 Lakhs.
If the Value of Services rendered in a financial year is less than Rs. 9 Lakh – the Service Tax Registration is optional at the option of the Service provider.
- Create an account online at ACES ( Automation of central excise and service tax) from online service tax registration account.
- Login into your created account.
- Go to ST-1 form available under the REG tab.
- Open it and fill in the details.
- Take print of the Acknowledgement Slip and sign the same.
- Submit a hard copy of the ST-1 Form to the Commissionerate with whom you are registering yourself. Find Address of the Commissionerate.
Important points :
- You can register for more than one service or for multiple Services Offered Option and selecting the Services premises in the same form. Go to Services Offered Option and select the Services.
Commissionerate, Division & Range
- You are required to furnish details of the Commissionerate, Division & Range with whom you are registering yourself. Click here for details of the Commissionerate, Division & Range.
Issue of Service Tax Registration
- The application will then go under verification for maximum of 2 days.
- You will be granted Service Tax Registration Certificate (ST-2) or send intimation for non-acceptance of Service Tax Registration within 2 days.
- The Service Tax Registration is deemed to be granted if no intimation is given to you within 2 days.
- You will receive the ST-2 as per your option either by post or online.
- On successful registration of service tax 15 character Service Tax Number will be alloted which will be required to be quoted on all invoices by the service provider.
- For online issue of Service Tax Registration, the ST-2 Form will be available and can be viewed by clicking REG>View>Latest ST-2.